Advice on Disputes

Independent Surveyors

disputesOur Independent Surveyors can give help and advice with regard to building disputes. We also carry out structural surveys, building surveys, engineer's reports, specific defects reports on cracking, dampness in walls, dampness coming from roofs, condensation, rising damp, woodworm, dry rot, wet rot, etc.

For a friendly chat with a Surveyor please call 0800 298 5424.

Free phone 0800 298 5424

Building disputes and common sense

Building Extensions

Get Independent advice from a Surveyor on Building disputes or almost any sort of dispute.

"It all seemed so simple, building an extension or making alterations to gain much needed space or generally improving the property - and it all went wrong."

Our common sense advice is there is little point in us giving any general advice here as disputes take so many forms, but please free phone us on 0800 298 5424 and we will be more than happy to discuss any specific problems. We have resolved many building disputes over the years, over 95% without court action or the threat of court action. We would say we have generally found it works better for you if you make contact and get expert advice as soon as possible. We will always give and take a common sense approach with regard to a dispute. We will advise when your dispute is a lost cause for whatever reason, whether it is wrong or right, and we will advise you on the amount of money that you are likely to spend. We will do our best to stop you throwing good money after bad

disputesOur cross-section of experience means that we can choose the correct expert for your needs. Very importantly, having all these different experts available does help us to see the disputes from both sides. We feel we have been very successfully in dealing with building disputes and boundary disputes in particular. We feel we have a good reputation in the industry and are often passed work by solicitors and surveyors.

disputesPlease free phone 0800 298 5424 for a friendly free discussion. We would recommend you phone as we are often able to talk you through examples of very similar cases to yours, although we do appreciate that all disputes are unique, and this may well be the information and advice that you need most.

Building Dispute - A case study

Independent Surveyor

If you truly do want advice from an independent surveyor with regard to building disputes we can offer an expert witness service and will comply with the Civil Procedures Rules Part 35. For a friendly chat please call 0800 298 5424.

What do the circles and ovals mean in our reports mean?

Roof tingle on a slate tiled roof

When you read our building survey reports you will see our system of circles and ovals that we use to highlight problem areas that we think you need to be aware of.

Our Sketches

Roof tingle

In addition to this if the photographs do not explain the problem together with our survey report we also add in one of our own sketches such as the example that is shown here below.

Commercial Property

If you need help and advice with regard to leases, dilapidations, schedules of condition, Scotts Schedules or any other matters please call 0800 298 5424 for a friendly chat. Please remember we are Independent Building surveyors. If you have a commercial property, whether it is freehold or leasehold then sooner or later you may get involved with dilapidation claims. You may wish to look at our Dilapidations Website at  and for Disputes go to our Disputes Help site

We hope you found the article of use and if you have any experiences that you feel should be added to this article that would benefit others, or you feel that some of the information that we have put is wrong then please do not hesitate to contact us (we are only human).

The contents of the website are for general information only and is not intended to be relied upon for specific or general decisions. Appropriate independent professional advice should be paid for before making such a decision.

All rights are reserved the contents of the website are not to be reproduced or transmitted in any form in whole or part without the express written permission of